Firmware 1.0.7.1 for GXP1610/1615/1620/1625/1628/1630 released as official

firmware-release

Dear Grandstream Customers,

Firmware 1.0.7.1 for GXP1610/1615/1620/1625/1628/1630 is now released as official. Here is the link for the release notes:

The firmware and release notes can be downloaded from:
http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware

Please contact us should you have any issues. Thank you for your support for Grandstream products.

Technical Support
Grandstream Networks, Inc.

Our phones are configured to perform firmware updates automatically once a week.

As of today, our phones are dead, error messages say “Recovery Incomplete”.

The phones (GXP1625), are not reachable on the LAN unless I perform a reboot, as soon it boots up, I can ping the phones, then I assume it attempts a firmware update, then shortly after dies again. Not long enough to give me time to disable the update check.

I shall disable the network access and change the config to stop the auto update.

Did this firmware update version kill something?

Problem here too

Automatic update is enabled, and phone cant update with infinite reboot and sometimes recovery Incomplete

Disabled auto update on the phone power up.
This stopped the continual loop.

And no more auto update seeing as the updates aren’t tested.

There is something wrong with firmware or GS server. I got few same problem from few customers.

after a year that I report that the P26009 up to the PP26014 don’t work, they still don’t work.
I have reported several times to the Helpdesk and directly to Grandstream (occupying countless hours in tests and documentary evidence sent to you), nothing to do, they still don’t work.

We are having the same issue as messages above, anyone know if they have a fix yet? We have wiped the update server from our phones that we are able to access locally. Have had no response from a ticket I submitted.

in my view any terminal should NEVER be updated remotely, the firmware for various reasons can fail and make the terminal an “ornament”, only one terminal is always updated and if it is successful, the others are updated (I do this ). At least the number of “ornaments” is limited in quantity.

Makes one wonder what happened between the Beta and the release that such a change came about.

Autoupdate from previous version(also automatically updated) gives an error message “Recovery Incomplete”.

GXP-1610 more than 70 phones…

in my view any terminal should NEVER be updated remotely, the firmware for various reasons can fail and make the terminal an “ornament”, only one terminal is always updated and if it is successful, the others are updated (I do this ). At least the number of “ornaments” is limited in quantity.

Manual update is normal. Broken file on server?

I hope not, it would be a very serious thing, try to open a Ticket on Grandstream:

Yes something on server, GS put down file ad investigate.
Most phones simply need restart as upgrade never started and they simply they are in in broken loop.

When I try to log in to the Grandstream Help Desk it just brings me back to the login page. It has been doing this for a few months. When I reset the password, that works, but then I log in with the new password and it does the same thing.

When I go here, I do not see the new firmware available. Was it taken down?

http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware/ works fine.

It shows 1.0.5.3 still. I even tried from other PCs and incognito mode.