Firmware 1.0.6.32 for GWN7000 released as official

firmware-release

Dear Grandstream Customers,

Firmware 1.0.6.32 for GWN7000 is now released as official. Here is the link to the release notes:
http://firmware.grandstream.com/Release_Note_GWN7000_1.0.6.32.pdf

The firmware and release notes can be downloaded from:
http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware/

Please contact us should you have any issues. Thank you for your support for Grandstream products.

Technical Support
Grandstream Networks, Inc.

Since upgrading to this firmware I’ve found a big drop in internet speed.

I have a gigbit connection (1000 mbps down / 500 mbps up, PPPoE), and with 1.0.4.23 I used to get around 800 down, 400 up on a pretty consistent basis.

Since the upgrade to 1.0.6.32 speeds are now capped to just over 300 down or up.

If I plug in my ISP provided router (Fritzbox 7490), I get 800+ down 400+ up.

This is pretty disappointing, since I see one of the release notes was ‘improved PPPoE’ speed…

Thanks.

@grandstream I have had similar results. I had the same issue with WAN PPPoE speeds on the beta release (1.0.6.28), which was supposed to be fixed with this release, but apparently not.

I am currently getting the same 350 down / 300 up on this release with the GWN7000, where I was getting 850 down / 500 up on the previous firmware, and can get pretty close to advertised line speeds (>900 down / 500 up) with the same ISP provided router (FritzBox 7490).

Ahhhhh. What? This seems to have broken my routers functionality. I have the same speed issues that others have mentioned, I can no longer get above 300 Mbps down or up and my 2x 7610 APs no longer seem to work, and they won’t update to the latest firmware. This new firmware was obviously not tested properly, how do I roll back to the previous version, or will you fix these issues promptly?

I’ve managed to manually update my 2x 7610s and re-add them to my gwn7000 router. Along with the reduced speed issue I’ve also found that the scheduling of the AP LEDs is now also broken. Pretty disappointing update.

Yes, I noticed the same thing - the update deletes any schedule set for the LEDs.

I don’t know how this update passed QA. The main function of a router is to route the internet to the internal network, so to break that functionality so severely is alarming.

I can confirm that downgrading to 1.0.4.23 brings the speeds back to what they were previously.

I figured out how the scheduling works for the led etc now. Not very obvious. But when will this speed issue be resolved? A gigabit router that can’t route that fast seems a little pointless?