Firmware 1.0.1.5 for WP800 released for BETA evaluation

Dear beta testers,

The config template for v1.0.1.5 is available for download now. See the link in the first post.

Thanks

@GS.Rick I found them. How come the DP750 is not in the new load? What are the differences between the two 21xx templates? I don’t see a WP800 template or did I miss something? :slight_smile:
thanks leon

update - i checked the first post and the only thing in the .zip is the .bin

update 2 – the file download link is broken gets a 403 Forbidden

http://firmware.grandstream.com/betaclubtest/wp800/

update 3 – the latest templates PDF says for 3CX v14; they’re on 15.5 now are these usable?

update 4 – the pictures in that document are unreadable. The document is for the Windows version; what about the Linux version? Whats in the zip and listed in the PDF seems different. someone needs to check these things.

GM Bad news…woke up this morning and phone was deregistered :frowning:

back to previous traits - deregistered again

@wa4zlw

My comments inline:

I found them. How come the DP750 is not in the new load? What are the differences between the two 21xx templates? I don’t see a WP800 template or did I miss something? :slight_smile:
thanks leon

The WP800 is not yet available for 3CX. The DP750 v15 templates should be there. For GXP21xx, please use the templates provided by the 3CX platform (an update may be required). The partner connect still using old templates. If you see a file called “grandstreamexec.ph” in the phone template folder of 3CX system please remove it.

update - i checked the first post and the only thing in the .zip is the .bin

That’s correct for the firmware package.

update 2 – the file download link is broken gets a 403 Forbidden

The server does not allow browsing. You have to enter the full path to the file to be able to download it. The full path requested by the device:
firmware.grandstream.com/betaclubtest/wp800/wp800fw.bin

update 3 – the latest templates PDF says for 3CX v14; they’re on 15.5 now are these usable?

Please search for the v15 templates. However I don’t recommend to use the GXP templates in this package as it is outdated. We will update it shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

update 4 – the pictures in that document are unreadable. The document is for the Windows version; what about the Linux version? Whats in the zip and listed in the PDF seems different. someone needs to check these things.

Unfortunately we don’t have a Linux version of this document. We may add this in the future. As for the PDF issue are you referring to the v15 or v14 package?

Hi @GS.Rick

First my bad…had the filenames cornfused and backwards. :slight_smile:

on 21xx in the zip there are a total of three different files that has 21xx in it. what are the differences?
ok in using the 3cx supplied ones but am curious.

dont see that grandstreamexec.ph.

update 4 – look at the images in the pdf they are unreadable need a higher resolution. the document should be platform neutral with separate chapters for each platform its on. in the v15 the pdf I was referring to was v14; v15 the images are a-ok.

thanks leon

Hi,

The new GXP template combines all the current GXP models in one template and also it uses both VPK and MPK (fills up VPK first). We still kept an old template that has old 21xx models. We just uploaded v15.5 package on partner connect.

Thanks

Hi @GS.Rick…just got them.,…

what is GDS.ph? and the difference of the GXP21xx_MPK or VPK?

thanks leon

GDS - is the door station :slight_smile:

@wa4zlw

We were received a notice from 3CX regarding a mix up of their hosted template file and our version of the template file so I would like to clarify here in case there is further misunderstanding. The device templates provided by the 3CX platform on the latest v15.5 service pack are the official template files. The file “3CX_Templates_v2.2_V15.5” on Grandstream Partnerconnect is the GS copy of the device templates which includes unofficial models which we supported (self maintained) since v14. Hope this is clear.

We don’t recommend to use the old GXP templates labeled “Grandstream_GXP21xx_MPK.ph” or “Grandstream_GXP21xx_VPK.ph.” They only support either MPK or VPK and are outdated. “Grandstream_GXP.ph” is the new one.

@GS.Rick - I posted a note that there were new templates. basically for them to review.

thanks leon

Can we expect another beta firmware release before GA or is this likely to be the end?

@GS.Rick hey rick…I had to change hotel rooms so I am down again on the phone we really need a way to access WiFi portals from the HS. This needs to be a high priority as not all networks are open with just SSID or password

thanks leon

I agree. I will be on the road again and would like to be able to use it.

Hi,

We have plans to add the support for handling WiFi captive portal feature but it will be done later.

Thanks

Hi,

We can’t confirm at this point whether there will be another build before GA. If we do I’ll send update.

Thanks

@GS.Rick IMHO you should NOT GA with things the way they are. Wifi portal capability needs to be in there from day one. customer expectations are such that has to be in there. Also, the case where the device drops registrations is a show stopper.

leon

the new firmware finally allowed the bluetooth headset to pair for the first time…

But cant use it as I am now having audio issues. The original firmware that came with the handset worked great I never had 1 way audio issues. I am now having 1 way audio issues with this firmware.

Also cannot ring in to the extension at all it is not accepting inbound calls on other portable wifi routers but it did work on the same router perfectly before the firmware change. I can call out but cannot receive calls.

@wa4zlw

We have noted these concerns and will prioritize major issues over feature request during this time.

Thanks

@Ashton

Could you please create a new thread for your issues? I believe the previous firmware v1.0.0.16 did support bluetooth as well. Please let us know the device model you are pairing. For the calling issue, could you please provide us the device configuration (Web UI->Maintenance->Upgrade->Download device configuration) and a packet capture of the bad call? (Web UI->Maintenance->System Diagnosis->Capture trace).

Thanks