DP750 dect base cordless WEB GUI not accessible

I am able to pull IP address from DP720 handset after registering with DP750 base. But, i cannot ping it nor can i hit the web gui. I know with some Polycoms you have to login locally to the phone and enable the web gui admin utility… Any ideas? thanks

try using chrome or firefox in unknown mode,
make sure to connect to the correct local IP
if it really doesn’t go you have to try to make a format factory

I am having the same problem.
Currently using firmware 1.0.13.0 on two separate DP750 base stations.
Both base stations are unable to be connected to via the web interface after updating to this firmware. They previously where able to be accessed, but I have no idea what firmware they came with.

I can still make calls, receive calls, and provision them via the UCM 6510 on our network, but I would really like to be able to access their web interface!

This might be a firmware bug considering I am not the only person with this problem, and it is happening on multiple base stations!

EDIT: I have tried with multiple web browsers, cleared cache, etc. No luck. The IP timeout error for chrome is: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

EDIT 2: I have previously tried factory resetting the device. That did not help either.

So both of you are using with UCM, and the device is provisioned by UCM zero config? we will try to reproduce this issue, looks like a bug to me.

At the meanwhile, can you try the Web with https://ip ? But this still does not explain why you cannot Ping it.

Can you disable the UCM provisioning for the DP750 and do a factory reset, see if you can access it’s web UI after that?

I did not even try and ping it beforehand…
Just tried then, and I too was unable to ping both of the DP750 base stations. (I tried pinging some other Grandstream devices on the same network, like a GXP2170, and a GXW4216, and they are able to be reached)

I also tried accessing the DP750 base station using https://ip like you suggested, but it made no difference to the lack of connection sadly.

I will reply back regarding the UCM provisioning settings once I can get my hands on the DP750 base station later in the day.

EDIT: See next post for update on UCM Provisioning

Can you disable the UCM provisioning for the DP750 and do a factory reset, see if you can access it’s web UI after that?

I disabled the UCM provisioning and did a factory reset. The Web interface became accessible again. I then re-enabled provisioning and it became unaccesible.

Thank you, I guess it’s caused by the UCM provision, am checking with SW team what could possible cause this. Our test team failed to replicate this also using the UCM.

What model are you using on the UCM for DP750, and could you share your UCM zero config settings for the DP750? Thank you!

Upon further testing, I think the web GUI being inaccessible may have something to do with the VLAN settings of the DP750 base station.

On my GXP2170’s and GXW4216’s I can simply change the 801 QoS VLAN tag to “2” and plug the device into a tagged port, and the device will automatically connect to the UCM and work as intended. I can also access their web interfaces from my computer since it is being routed into the UCM network.

On the DP750 I have very mixed results.
If I change the QoS VLAN tag to “2” and plug it into a tagged port it stays on the non-UCM network.

If I plug it into an untagged VLAN 2 port, it will successfully connect to the UCM network, it auto-provsions, and I can access its web interface. (100% functioning)

If I change the QoS VLAN tag to “2”, plug it into a tagged port AND select the “Enable VLAN” setting in the network advanced settings menu, it correctly connects to the UCM network, auto-provisions, and I can make calls etc, but it is no longer accessible via the web interface or ping.

Is this an intended VLAN feature?

Zero config setting for UCM6510:
Global Policy:

• Allow DHCP Option 43/66: No
  • Automatic Upgrade: By Day
  • Firmware upgrade Rule: Always check for new firmware
  • Zero Config: Enabled

Model templates: DP750

• P22111 = 2 #(Vlan Tag QoS 802.1Q)
  • Firmware Source: Local UCM Server

If I change the QoS VLAN tag to “2”, plug it into a tagged port AND select the “Enable VLAN” setting in the network advanced settings menu, it correctly connects to the UCM network, auto-provisions, and I can make calls etc, but it is no longer accessible via the web interface or ping.

I think this is the right setting, that DP7xx needs both “Enable VLAN” and “Layer 2 QoS 802.1Q/VLAN Tag” set to be a VLAN tag that other than 0. This needs a reboot to take effect, have you rebooted the device after configuring the VLAN?

Yes, It does not connect to the correct network unless I reboot after setting both the VLAN Enable and QoS VLAN Tag = “2”.

Once it is connected to the correct network, the web interface becomes un-accessible, and the device in also un-pingable. It is still able to be detected by the UCM and provisioned however.

All of my other grandstream (non DP750) devices, including the GXP2170 are able to be accessed via the web interface despite being on the same network as the DP750. The DP750 is the only device that does not seem to play well with VLAN tagging.