DoorBird (SIP door bell with video) and UCM6202

I’ve got a UCM6202 and a few GXV3350 video phoness, plus some non-video phones. At three entry locations, there are Doorbird devices (keypads, audio and video).

I need your help in configuring these devices (both the PBX and the Doorbirds). Goals:

• all phones on my ring list should ring when the doorbell button on any of the Doorbirds is pressed
    Ideally with a distinctive ring tone
  • any phone/extension must be able to answer the DoorBird call, and have two-way audio
  • video should appear on the GXV3350s (if possible even before the phone is answered)
  • any phone, video or not, should be able to unlock the door at the Doorbird

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Speak to @lpneblett he appears to be fvery familiar with Doorbird units and has an opinion on whether or not to use them with Grandstream products.

Doorbird had or has a fatal flaw in that if you have the device ring phones as well as it’s app and answer the ring with the app, the device does not send a cancel to the phones…so they keep ringing until they timeout or someone answers a phone despite the fact that the call has already been answered.

Thanks, Larry. I will have to ask them about this.

Are you able to tell me anything about how to configure the PBX and the Doorbirds appropriately for what I want to do? I’d appreciate some advice.

Thanks

They are not that hard to set-up, but you have to use their app to do so which makes it somewhat of a pain over a web gui. I simply set them up as extensions. I then made a ring group to which the doorbird calls when their button is pushed. I suggest you set them up and test them before you physically install them. My client is using them as gate openers.

Yeah, the app is not great for setup, and their web GUI. Is incomplete and only in beta.

The DoorBird doc only talks about setting them up as a peer VOIP trunk, which seems odd. I guess they didn’t consider using them with a PBX. I’ll try your suggestion.

Thanks

Hmmm … I configured the Doorbirds as extensions. They show as Idle/Available (which means, I guess, that they are registered … else how would the UCM know?). I don’t see any entry on the Doorbird app that shows the registration status.

I set up the Doorbird with a 10-digit Caller ID, and my Inbound Route (which has a 10-digit pattern) works for other extensions. I also tried adding a 5-digit pattern for the inbound route and caller ID for the Doorbirds. The inbound routes call a ring group which consists of all extensions.

But no phones ring when I press the doorbell on the Doorbird. Nor can I call the Doorbird. Noting appears in the CDR.

Dunno what’s wrong.

look at the ucm extension and see if registered, they will show as green.

Yup, they’re green. But don’t make a call when the button is pressed.

Take a network capture of a door press and let’s see what the messaging is.

I don’t have the expertise to look at the messaging as you suggest. However, I have made incremental progress with the configuration.

The PBX now shows CDR when the doorbell is pressed, but no phones ring. I believe the reason Is that I don’t have a properly defined inbound route. I don’t know what the DoorBird sends as its “calling number”, so I don’t have the correct pattern in any inbound route.

Can you please tell me what string I should use as the pattern in the definition of the inbound route?

It sends what you programmed. As mentioned, I have it dial a ring group by its extension number and IP of the UCM in SIP Calls. The format is XXX@ipaddress where XXX is the extension number for the ring group and ipaddress is the IP of teh UCM.

So, with 6400 as the number of the ring group, and the UCM is at 192.168.1.113, then the pattern is “_6400@192.168.113”? I tried the pattern “_XXXX@XXX.XXX.X.XXX”, but it did not work. Do I literally enter the actual string of digits, rather than Xs, etc? Are the dots and the @ permitted in the pattern?

I guess I thought the pattern would match 1200@192.168.1.120, where 1200 is the extension of the DoorBird and the IP address is the address of the DoorBird, but you’re saying it’s the string for the destination/ring group?

Do I need both the pattern and the CallerUD pattern?

Appreciate the help!

As stated. the extension of the ring grup and IP of the UCM.

6400@192.168.1.113

he really needs to hire you @lpneblett or someone else

Thanks guys. I’ve learned a lot about SIP, and made a lot of progress. I am a DIY-type guy, so I am very grateful for the help you provide on the forum. It’s great that you share your expertise with others in this way here. If I were any kind of an expert in this domain, I’d do the same.

This is my last hurdle, I believe, so thanks again.