DND Symbol in left upper corner of DP720

Hello

Our DP720 shows a DND symbol in left upper corner. The employee doesn’t know how she did activate this. I also unknown whats this symbol mean and how to deactivate this. Manual don’t describe this symbol. And if you activate DND in menu, the DND symbol is shown beside DECT Line description.

Can anybody tell me, what this symbol means and how I can deactivate this?

Thanks

Press the microphone key (bottom right key) and the symbol disappears.

Thanks!!!

please imagine, a like would be appreciated

Unfortunately that key in other models you can modify / disable it, but on the DP75X have not predicted this thing (serious lack in my opinion).

I/we have no need for diable this. But the users should use the lock keys functionality, so they don’t unintentionally activate functionalities :wink:

Unfortunately it is not possible that I know, and the key is really easy to press it by mistake. I understand, you open a ticket with the same request.

What should be not possible? To lock keys?
That’s possible!

explained, what do you mean and how do you do it?

I can’t follow you, now. What do you like to know?

you wrote on it that you can do it,
Okay, well, what can you do and how can you do it?

should be this (taken from the manual), but I can’t figure out how to do it:

“Change DP730 Preferences option “Mute as DND” default to “Enabled” from “Disabled” to make enabling DND more convenient.”

Maybe I get it, you can only do it from your laptop:
Menu / preferences / Mute as DND etc…

lol
okay. I think we talk past each other! :slight_smile:
I think, you mean I have a solution for your problem. No, unfortunately not.
With “it’s possible” I meant: to lock the keys.

There are 2 buttons on the handset. Mute button and # button with a lock icon on it.

• # button: if you long press the # button, you will lock the keys. so you won’t accidentally press the Mute button or the dial keys.

• The Mute button, it works for both Mute and DND features.
    – by default, we enabled the option: “Mute as DND”, so when you press the mute key, it will set the whole handset in DND mode.
    – If you disalbe the “Mute as DND”, when you press the mute key, it will set the handset in mute mode, and will not play incoming rings.

Extra for the DND mode:

• Use the Mute as DND feature, you will DND the whole handset. no matter how many lines you are using, all of them will be set as DND.
  • You can also use the handset UI -> Call Features -> Do Not Disturb, and choose the lines you want to set as DND, so it will only set the specified lines to DND, not the whole handset.

hi @Shawn-GSSupport424 ,

“The Mute button, it works for both Mute and DND features.
– by default, we enabled the option: “Mute as DND”, so when you press the mute key, it will set the whole handset in DND mode.
– If you disalbe the “Mute as DND”, when you press the mute key, it will set the handset in mute mode, and will not play incoming rings.”

In my opinion, it is better to provide via “P” codes the possibility of choosing whether to mute or DND.
Unfortunately, the customer unintentionally presses the Mute button (on the DP722 it is in an unfavourable position).
Since installers often work remotely, it would be useful to be able to change the status with a “p” code.

Damiano

the important thing is to understand each other :slight_smile:

It not suite an “P” code for this setting, as it works with the handset, not the base station. For example, If we define 5 “p” codes for the 5 handsets, and you set the value in the configure file like below:
“p” code 1 (Handset 1): Enabled
“p” code 2 (Handset 2): Disabled
“p” code 3 (Handset 3): Disabled
“p” code 4 (Handset 4): Enabled
“p” code 5 (Handset 5): Disabled

When you register the handset to the base station, the registration order will make the setting unpredictable. Because you don’t know which handset will be used by who and registered as Handset which.
For example, if Bob use handset 1 he will has the feature enabled, but what if his handset registered the base in second place and actually is handset 2?

Of course, it does not matter if you just configure all the handsets with the same settings, but since you have this ability to change, what if some users ask you to configure his handset to a different option? and you will get yourself in trouble to maintain this setting in the config file. If you cannot make the settings in variant, then there is no meaning to use a configure file to set it, just pre-set them in an same setting, or teach the users how to configure it may be more simply. This is also the principle when comes to an handset-based feature, we don’t use a “p” code by purpose, but just let the users to configure it themselves, because our partners won’t able to know the handset is used by which end user.

Be patient but I have not understood what you want to tell me and what are the possibilities (surely it is only a translation problem)

this “Mute as DND” is used to configure the DP720, not to configure the DP750. If you use 5 P code for HS1 ~ HS5, when your customer have 5 DP720 and 1 DP750, you actually don’t know which 720 is HS 1 and which DP720 is HS 5, right? it depends on the order how the DP720 registered with the DP750. The first registered is HS1, second registered is HS2, then HS3, HS4, and HS5.
If you use P code to configure these HS1 ~ HS5, you will have problem that the end user has different HS1 ~ HS5 than your config file. So all of our P code is only used to configure the base station, not the handsets.