Devices reporting not connected in GDMS

It’s 6 more hours and the same devices can’t get back online. What is the support escalation method we’re supposed to use for this situation?

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Could you send the MAC address of the offline devices to us? Could you kindly help to capture the trace file and syslog from the offline device and send to us for troubleshooting? Thanks for your testing! The services have been recovered several hours ago and the devices will be offline shortly. If the devices were offline for several hours, it should not be the same issue, and we need to obtain the captured logs to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

I never saw the status “Restricted network” before ( I now have 3 devices in that state ). Want to know how to classify devices like this?
Ufabet
This is because the device may need to be behind a firewall and only have a few public IPs.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! The “Network Restricted” error message was generated since the UDP packets transportation has been blocked, but the HTTP requests are transported well. The user may need to check the firewall settings, the UDP packets can be transported through stun1.gdms.cloud:3478 port or not. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Hello

I have a bunch of phones in GDMS that if I reprogram the phone, the changes do not take effect until the phone is physically rebooted from the phone menu. Also, when I upgrade the same phones to a new firmware, the clock symbol indicating the task is in process eventually goes away, but the firmware is not updated and the task history says “ongoing”.

Dear user,

Thank you for using the GDMS platform! Could you kindly send the MAC address of this device to us for troubleshooting? Could you kindly let us know the timestamp when the issue was noticed/generated? Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Sorry for the late reply.

The MACs are:
C0:74:AD:1F:B6:90
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:68
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:5D
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:5A
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:5F
C0:74:AD:5F:F7:96
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:53
C0:74:AD:5F:FC:5E
C0:74:AD:51:09:F6
C0:74:AD:51:0A:06
C0:74:AD:51:0C:BA
C0:74:AD:51:0A:F8
C0:74:AD:51:0A:4D
C0:74:AD:4C:AF:8D
C0:74:AD:4C:AF:36

Please note: These phones are installed in the customer’s office

Thanks

Greg

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! I checked these devices from the background server. Some of the devices are offline, which means you may not upgrade/assign parameters to those devices. For some online devices, you can try it again and you should be able to upgrade/assign parameters to those devices through the GDMS platform. You can try to upgrade them to the latest firmware version before making other operations. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

I tried this morning. Setting parameters did not work nor did upgrading the firmware.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Could you kindly help to capture the trace file and syslog from your device side and send to us for troubleshooting? You can start capturing the trace file and syslog, and try to reproduce this issue, and then wait for about 1 - 2 minutes before end capturing. Then, please download the trace file and syslog, and send to us for troubleshooting. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Hello

I tried and cannot even take a PCAP. When I start the process, there is no way to stop it. I have to wait 5 minutes for an error message to display saying that the capture failed. I tried this on two different companies with the same result. One of the companies was one in which I took several PCAPS a few weeks ago.

I am still unable to upgrade firmware, I cannot even reboot a phone. I know there was some trouble with GDMS last week, clearly there are lingering issues. Please advise.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! You may need to capture the trace file and syslog from the devices locally, not from the GDMS platform. You can also check the devices’ time and date are correct or not. Since the devices are not controled by the GDMS platform, we cannot troubleshoot them remotely unless you can send the locally captured trace file and syslog to us for troubleshooting. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!