Devices reporting not connected in GDMS

I just saw half of the devices in our GDMS go down. I started researching the phones and various customer locations and they are all registered properly to the PBX.
What would cause this to happen in the GDMS?

Same, looks like GDMS is going nuts. Probably a new firewall or filter applied by their provider, because the current version of the GDMS has been active for over a month already.

Happening to me too. Probably something on GS side not working properly.

Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know it’s not just me. Hoping they can still reply with a root cause for us.

Rebooting doesn’t bring it back up on GDMS. At least the 2 I have tried. I have submitted a ticket to GS support.

I also have a GDMS alert, over 100 devices offline

I have never seen the status “Network Restricted” before (now I have 3 devices in that status). Curious what classifies a device as such, since must devices might be behind a firewall and only a few with public IP.

@GSSupport74 Rebooted phones now show an orange circle beside the MAC address, “network restricted” image @cyfo was just about to say that

It’ll be nice if they answered

I just started having the same issue. An HT802 is reporting Network Restricted. GRP phones on same site seem to be fine at the moment.

Does anyone heard from Grandstream?

I got an update from support. They said the gdms team is looking into it.

Devices are back online here. My lab GRP2612P finally picked up new firmware too, bonus :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads up. That is my case as well.
The statuses are back to how it was (all online except the unplugged ones).

Dear all,

Thank you for using the GDMS platform! One of the GDMS servers has exceptions and it has been recovered now. You may try it again, the issue should be gone now.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Thank you!

We’re still seeing a few stragglers this morning that are registered to the PBX but not GDMS.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! The services have been recovered and you can try it again now. If you have any devices cannot be registered to the GDMS platform, please kindly send the MAC address of the device to us and capture the trace file with syslog from the device side, and send to us for troubleshooting. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Just got home and sat down to do some firmware upgrades, and my mailbox is full of DEVICES OFFLINE E-mails again. 42 of them in a single notice, which might not seem like a lot but it’s 25% of the devices we have in the system at the moment.

Dear user,

Thank you for using the GDMS platform! We are working on maintenance of one of the components of the GDMS platform, which may cause this issue. You can give it a try again now. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

It’s 12 hours later and the devices are still offline in GDMS. I’ve restarted a bunch of them at the client site and they are operating fine.