First, I am not a professional installer. I own a small eldercare company and am replacing a Talkswitch 244VS system with a UCM. I installed both systems myself. My experience is limited and I don’t know all the acronyms & jargon. Please bear with me.
- Both the UCM & remote phone are behind Netgear R7000 routers with static IPs.
- The internal IPs of the UCM & GXP are “reserved” in the routers.
- Port forwarding on the local router points 5060 & 10000-20000 to the UCM internal IP.
- The same ports on the remote router point to the GXP internal IP.
- NAT SIP ALG is disabled on both routers.
The SIP setting on the UCM is set to the static IP of the UCM router. The UDP, TCP & TLS ports are set to 5060, 5060 & 5061 respectively. The local network address is set to the internal IP of the UCM. NAT is enabled on the extension.
Per the Grandstream HelpDesk rep’s suggestion, I:
- connected the GXP to the “local” UCM router and auto discovered.
- then connected the GXP to the “remote” router.
- used the GUI to set the SIP server (under Account 1) to the UCM router’s static IP.
- confirmed the SIP & Authenticate IDs to be the same extension as in the UCM.
- then saved, applied, provisioned & rebooted.
The phone will not register. Sorry for the long, involved explanation, but, can anyone help?