Can't Forward or Transfer calls to outside numbers when using VoIP (SIP) Trunk

Description:
Since 1.0.10.39 (and still in 1.0.10.44) you can no longer forward or transfer a call to outside numbers when using SIP (VoIP) Trunks.

It gets rejected by the SIP Provider and the call fails.

Also using a FQDN in the “Outbound Proxy” field causes the registration to be rejected. Instead I am forced to input the IP manually. (Example is pbx.singlepipe.net doesn’t work, but the same as IP 209.209.172.231 does.)

Both of these worked in 1.0.9.26 and prior.

This is a MAJOR issue and needs resolved quickly.

It seems likely to be related to the conversion to PJSIP (from the older CHANSIP) in the newer versions.

I’m sure someone else has these issues, are there any workarounds or fixes.

I too am having call forward/transfer issues with some of my upgrades

I suspect it is because of diversion that UCM use. I hope it will fixed in new firmware(44 do not have fix).
I found only 1 way to avoid: sending forward with other trunk then it come

Actually I do not have that problem at all with the .44 firmware. It’s working for me. I can see the transferred call to the external number staying active in the “Active Calls” page until the caller/e ends it, so the UCM is still managing the call between two external numbers. All in the same trunk and no special configurations needed.
I just tested it to see if I have the same problem after reading this but I don’t have it.

[quote=“CyFo, post:4, topic:14872”]Actually I do not have that problem at all with the .44 firmware. It’s working for me. I can see the transferred call to the external number staying active in the “Active Calls” page until the caller/e ends it, so the UCM is still managing the call between two external numbers. All in the same trunk and no special configurations needed.
I just tested it to see if I have the same problem after reading this but I don’t have it.[/quote]

It is possible that your SIP provider is very loose on what they allow.

Mine says it is related to the Referred-By and Diversion headers that the UCM sends being formatted improperly and then duplicated after the authentication challenge.

I’ve tried with both Broadvox and Momentum with the same results.

That’s what I though.

I remember seeing an additional INVITE with the new destination in the “remote ID” header sent to the original caller. The second call did have the “Referred-By” (with my extension), which I remember because it was duplicated in the invite (weird, although with the same values).

Besides that “referred by” and that the CID is from the original caller, they look like completely separate calls to me. No “diversion” header on any call on my UCM.

The diversion header is when you use the “ForwardAll” softkey on the phone to unconditionally forward your extension.
The referred-by only shows up when you do the blind transfer.

Checking to see if anyone had any luck on this topic? I have two client sites who are experiencing similar issues with being unable to transfer calls from a specific SIP trunk provider. We are able to transfer internally and using a different SIP trunk provider. When we try to transfer the outside caller gets disconnected. I checked with our SIP provider and they said an extra invite was seen.

I have had an ongoing ticket open and they have an alpha firmware 1.0.12.x that they say fixes my internal transfer issue, but they haven’t replied on whether it fixes the external part yet.

The Diversion header has been an issue for me and my TWC trunk for a bit now.

My original thread: http://forums.grandstream.com/forums/index.php?topic=27578.0

Glad to see some hope in 1.0.12.

I noticed that in the newest version of firmware on the 62xx series PBX there is now a field to enable and disable the diversion header (SIP General Settings page at the bottom). I am hopeful that this may be available in future 61xx firmware as well and possibly fixes the issue.

This has us messed up too, the customers want to forward off site and we cannot, on both a 6116 and 6510

I have not had this issue on the latest firmware that I am aware of.

Diversion was added in 11.27 in all ucm

It can cause problem as it request transfer be done by ITSP not within UCM (2 call).

hey, I’m Neelesh Verma. I faced the same issue where I was unable to forward calls to my outside numbers. With a reference of a friend, I contacted GenesysTel. The issue got resolved with a day by the professional. If you are willing to look forward than you can contact them in any case.