[BUG] Issue with GDS3710 "OPEN DOOR" softkey

I have a RING GROUP set on a UCM6204 with the DP730 registered. When the “door bell” button is pressed on the GDS3710 all phones ring (including the DP730), and the ANSWER and OPEN DOOR keys appear on the softkeys as expected.

However, if the OPEN DOOR key is pressed on the DP730, before the ANSWER KEY, the call is dropped from all “ringing” phones.

I am not showing that any unlock code is passed, just a MESSAGE to the UCMcausing the ring group to drop the call

Will test this and get back to you

I can confirm this bug!

Drop is fine, but from description it must be done from GDS (handset cannot cancel ring group call) unless it Answer it. I will check this :slight_smile:

After check -> DP code do not open GDS, but i guess GDS recognize try and close connection to PBX just after it receive message packet.
It is not related to ring group, same problem on direct call via PBX.

So we have 2 bugs:
1 related to GDS which should not close CALL before it is sure that code MATCH.
2 related to DP which is related to wrong code sent before it is answered (or something like this as answered call is open correctly).

The handset should not perform any function in a ring group environment without first answering the call…

At least that is the way the other GXP21XX phones (and WP820) work.

I just captured a trace on another phone, it shows when DP730 pressed “Open” during ringing, the other phone received “487 Cancel” from the SIP server, this should because of GDS send some data the PBX, and PBX consider the call be well handled and send cancel to all others, while it’s not and door remain locked.

I can see this as being a definite issue for the OPEN DOOR key to be semi active without the call being answered.

On the GXP21XX phones, if the call from the GDS3710 is ringing one phone, the OPEN DOOR key can unlock the door without answering the call. On a RING GROUP call, the OPEN DOOR key does not function when pressed until the call is answered.

But, just that the DP752 has the GDS integration is great.

I just tested this on the new firmware and if you press the OPEN softkey on the DP752 (and the DP752 is included in the GDS3710 ring group) the call will drop.

The door will not open (of course), however the ring group call stops.

This is a serious matter if you are going to include the DP752 in the RING GROUP from the GDS3710

I need to clarify with the original problem.
Problem:
So do you mean when you press the door bell, both GXP and DP730 will ring, and display the Open Door button, but if you press the button on GXP before you answer the call, it won’t do anything until you answered the call? and if you press the button on DP730 before you answer the call, it will drop the call and the door is still not opened?
Expected Behavior:
You are expecting the DP730 do not response anything to the “Door Open” button until the call been answered?

Here is the issue:

GDS3710 door bell button is pressed.

GDS3710 is set to call RING GROUP on UCM.

Ring group has five GXP21XX, a WP820, and the DP730.

All phones ring, with OPEN DOOR appearing on softkey on each phone.

If the OPEN DOOR softkey on DP730 is pressed (before the call is answered on the DP730) then ring group call is cancelled and stops ringing ANY phone. However, the door is not opened, but the call progress is ended.

So, if the OPEN DOOR key is pressed on the DP730, without the call being answered by the DP730, then the door bell key has to be pressed again to generate the ring group call so the call can be answered and the OPEN DOOR softkey pressed and generate the open door action.

This does not occur with any other GXP21XX, GXP16XX or WP820. This only occurs with the DP730.

Since the ring group call progress has stopped, all other phones will assume someone has answered and handled the caller at the GDS3710. This is a definite BUG for operation with the DP730, as pressing the OPEN DOOR softkey, without answering the call, should not cancel the call.

This will definitely stop us from deploying the DP730 with the GDS3710 in this type of install…

I see, so did you configure the access code (GDS3710 remote open door password) on your DP730? If you configured the access code correctly, it will send the password via DTMF to GDS, and GDS will open the door and send bye to PBX, so PBX send cancel to all other parties.

What’s you GXP FW version? I tested on 1.0.9.12x, my GXP can also open the door before answering the call from GDS, and the call will also be dropped after GXP pressed the button.

The call can be ended by 2 side, the GDS or the DP730.
Issue 1: If the DP730 send a wrong password to the GDS, the door will not open of course, but the call will be dropped by the GDS3710 because it didn’t check the door open or not, just send response to PBX to let te call stopped because of it consider someone send door open code it. GDS3710 team has already aware of this issue.

Issue 2: If you didn’t configured any door open password on these devices, only DP730 behavior different could be a DP730 issue, that we didn’t check if user configured the access code or not, we just send some emply code to the GDS, due to issue 1, the call dropped with door didn’t open. If this is a issue 2, DP team should fix it by a sanity check, I will check with the team on Monday

Yes, I have the password entered correctly, and, if the DP730 ANSWERS the RING GROUP call prior to OPEN DOOR, then the door opens. If the OPEN DOOR is pressed before ANSWER, the door does not open and the call is dropped…

You are correct on the newer firmware of the GXP21XX (I am using 1.0.9.127) and the GXP phones DO NOW allow the opening of the door without answering the call (A GREAT improvement and one that our customers have been clamoring for)

If a call directly rings the DP730, the result is the same as the RING GROUP call, if ANSWERED, the OPEN DOOR functions as expected. If the OPEN DOOR is pressed without answering, the the call is dropped, however, the door is not opened.

I was not aware that the GXP21XX firmware had been improved, as I had stopped testing this feature a few versions back.

Are you using the IP address for the System Number field?

No, I am using the SIP EXTENSION NUMBER for the GDS3710 on the UCM. In this instance, 1700

so are you sure the access password is correct? If the password is correct, the door should be open, we have tested our own, the DP730 can open the door, then the call will be dropped.

We will fix this issue, if it failed to open the door, the call will keep ringing and not drop the call. But if the door successfully opened, just like GXP phone, the ring should be stopped.

I have deleted and rentered the passcode numerous times. The code must be correct as the DOOR OPEN is triggered by the DP730 if the call is answered prior to pressing OPEN DOOR.

It is only if the DP730 presses the OPEN DOOR softkey first that the DOOR OPEN is not triggered and the call is dropped

Shawn

Did you want a packet capture on this?

Yes, a packet capture with Syslog enabled would help to locate the problem. thank you!