BLF key intercom (hands free) instead of ringing

Has anyone found a way to have a BLF key initiate a handsfree intercom call rather than ring another users phone?

The only option I have found is to manually key in the intercom code and ext number, but I want it to work from a BLF button.

GS suggested turning on the auto answer under accounts/call settings but this causes the phone to auto answer any kind of call handsfree…not good.

Thanks!

You could setup a speed dial key with

*80EXT
*81EXT

[quote=“tws101, post:2, topic:8325”]You could setup a speed dial key with

*80EXT
*81EXT[/quote]

But then there is no BLF indication…

A standard BLF key will initiate a ringing call to an extension when pressed. A BLF key will transfer the current call if pressed after the transfer button.

I want similar functionality to press an “Intercom” button followed by a BLF to initiate an intercom call. And a VM buttom I can press before an BLF to initiate direct transfer to users voicemail.

The current system capabilities require me to use 2 buttons for every user I wish to have these abilities with…no good…unless you manufacture and sell the MPK extensions and users have LARGE desks.

[quote=“lymant2020, post:3, topic:8325”][quote=“tws101, post:2, topic:8325”]You could setup a speed dial key with

*80EXT
*81EXT[/quote]

But then there is no BLF indication…

A standard BLF key will initiate a ringing call to an extension when pressed. A BLF key will transfer the current call if pressed after the transfer button.

I want similar functionality to press an “Intercom” button followed by a BLF to initiate an intercom call. And a VM buttom I can press before an BLF to initiate direct transfer to users voicemail.

The current system capabilities require me to use 2 buttons for every user I wish to have these abilities with…no good…unless you manufacture and sell the MPK extensions and users have LARGE desks.[/quote]

For:
Dial
Transfer
Conference

It work as you describe.

Interesting that VM does not work. I expected it to. As for intercom it would be great if it did work…