Api-make_call POPUP Not working on GXP 21xx Series

Hi Everyone,

We use the http://X.X.X.X/cgi-bin/api-make_call?phonenumber=XXX&account=0&login=admin&password=XXXX and it works well.

However even with the POPUP enabled the call goes straight through rather than asking to confirm to call on the handset.

I want the phone to physically confirm the URL call before it instantly dials in case the staff are at the wrong handset.

Is there a way to do this? on FW 1.0.9.135

Perhaps use Activa TAPI Service Provider (Activa TSP) or SIPTAPI if you use a UCM / Aterisk server - both work as a direct integration of TAPI from your PC to the Telephone system / handset as a Modem Dialler.

This may be a better solution because the method you are using is direct from the application to the telephone handset and it dials without confirmation as you know. There maybe a later release that will incorporate some checking behaviour but for now it doesn’t seem to be there.

Kev

I hook up to this speech because I’m interested, I’m stopped to "copy the link on the Browser to make the phone call ip phone etc …
are there any tools or procedures that facilitate this?

Most CTI style apps or direct line commands, do nothing more than exactly what you told the command to do…which is dial this number. It is assumed that when you enter the number in the app or line, that you know what you want to enter no differently than when you start to dial a number on a telephone and see the display show the digits as they are being entered on the keypad.

While I guess there may be an app or other that may cause a pause and display the “to be dialed” number before execution, I am not aware of one. The ones I have seen all dial when the send or execute scheme is activated.

Why bother having the function in the phone that says “pop up confirmation before dialling” enabled/disabled if it doesn’t work?

Can you advise where you saw such a setting? I searched for the string “confirmation before dialing” you presented earlier, in a 2170 phone, the admin guide and the firmware release notes to include the new beta and I saw no such reference for the GXP21XX series of phones. I am not saying it’s not there, only that I did not see any reference to it using the search terms you presented.

As I stated, there may be an app or other that may cause what you wish…I am just not aware of it and I am most certainly … not the ultimate authority on the subject.

in the template I confirm that there is no such warning

Under Network -> remote control.

1. Set Remote Control Pop up Window Support to “Disabled” to allow remote control without confirmation on the physical phone.

I set to enabled which implies that it will REQUIRE a confirmation - which it doesnt…

did you try to both enable and disable that parameter?

probably not about this thing, but have you tried to enable/disable the “CSTA Control”?

OK, thanks for providing the settings.

I did some testing and found the following on a 2135 using the beta firmware 1.0.9.146. As long as “click to dial is enabled”, which the manual indicates that it must be in order for CTI to function, then the remote control settings have no impact.

I can use a HTTP request to cause the phone to dial an internal extension (what I used for testing) all day long regardless of the remote control settings. This is what I am pretty much used to seeing in most makes.

I did this testing using a remote phone at my office (VPN) while I was at home. I could cause the phone not to accept the command when I enabled CSTA and the remote settings, but obviously could not see what the display indicated. I simply got an unauthorized message on the web browser.

When I have used CSTA applications on other systems/phones, I have received a pop-up asking whether or not I want to allow, but it was an association type of question meaning was I willing to allow the requesting device access to the phone. If I answered yes, the association was accepted and I would no longer be prompted for any further requests.

I am not certain at this point if what I indicated above is the same for the GS phone, but hope to know more later today. What I can say is that either the documentation lacks some clarity on the details of their implementation or they assume you understand the details of how CTI, CSTA, uaCSTA, TAPI and others all work in conjunction with one another and the phone interface.

I’ve done several tests, regularly call the number selected via browser.
I’ve tried both with Chrome and Firefox and in no case have I appeared popups or other.
Even if I change “CSTA control” and Remote Control Pop up Window Support" I don’t understand what the problem is.

I’d rather with some tool in CTI or other I could do the same thing, but I can’t find any, if anyone knows please enlighten me?

Of course I tried Enabled and Disable and no change.

You’d expect a popup on the phone confirming the call to number xxxxxxx sent via HTTP command. This is to ensure someone sitting at the phone can confirm the called number before pressing dial.

As we are sending HTTP commands from a system we have made, we just want to ensure the staff dont trigger another users phone. So the “POPUP” option seems to suggest it was designed to popup a message prior to the click to dial function. Maybe I’m wrong, but it would be handy.

I understood popups on the browser,
anyway I don’t think you need any popup or consent on the phone, if someone makes that request it is assumed that you want that external number to dial from that inside.
This is already a confirmation.
However, there are some CTI / TAPI tools that facilitate this task, send the call to the extension concerned which must respond to be able to make the call.
I don’t know the name of any CTI / TAPI tool.
If someone reads and knows some information would be appreciated some information.

If there is no pop up on the phone, any staff member can modify the IP and make a random phone in the organisation call someone else.

It should be possible to have a popup on the handset to confirm a click to dial request… It would be a very helpful feature.

The App we use can confirm, but anyone can modify the HTTP command and do whatever unless we lock it to individual IP addresses on each phone. (which is a waste of time)

the sending string provides ip of the phone, number to dial and pswd user of the phone, just put for each phone a different pswd user and this can not happen.

You can also set “Action URI Allowed IP List” so that each phone can only enable via ip source.
(actually I’ve tried now and if I’m not wrong something seems not to work)
(actually I tried now to change the user pswd and calls the same, I guess there is something wrong …as not said, you need to restart the phone)