Anyone Use a Grandstream HT802 with an Allworx VoIP System?

Has anyone used a Grandstream HT802 with an Allworx VoIP System? Here is the scoop… the entire analog phone board has failed on my Allworx VoIP Server, so I am trying to connect some Analog phone lines to the HT802, so I can use them as a VoIP. Allworx does not seem to want to register the devices.

I have used the HT802 web page and configured the HT802 analog port to what I thought it should be and I have created an Allworx handset using the HT802 Mac Address, that didn’t work. I created a Generic Handset, that didn’t work either.

If anyone can offer some inside, I would appreciate it.

Wrong device.

You need FXO, not FXS.

The HT802 is a 2 port FXS device which is used to take a VoIP signal and convert to analog so that you can connect from a SIP server to analog.

AN FXO gateway takes an analog line (PSTN) and converts to VoIP for connection to a SIP server.

Vince, I have worked with the Allworx and the only way I was able to get it to work correctly with other devices is to register the gateway to the Allworx as a SIP Proxy… log into the Allworks… under --> Phone System --> Outside Lines --> add new Sip Proxy…

Dont forget to whitelist the FXO device, set up your dial plan to use the SIP Proxy, and voilah… you are making calls in no time.

This is from memory… so please check and verify…

Oh yes… you may want to purchase a GXW4104 or a GXW4108 depending on how many lines you have.

Thanks for the reply. Here is the description of the HT802: “Designed for users looking to connect their analog devices to a VoIP network at home or in the office. The HT802 is a powerful analog telephone adapter that is easily deployable and manageable. It comes equipped with 2 FXS ports to create a high-quality network solution.”

So it seems I purchased the correct device.

Not sure I am connecting everything correctly though. I have the Ethernet cable, coming out of the VoIP switch stack, going into the HT802’s ethernet port. The wiring to the analog devices going into port #1 of the FXS ports. Then manually created a Allworx SIP device using the MAC address of the HT802. Then using the SIP User ID from Allworx on the HT802 configuration.

Are my connections what they should be?

Sorry, but your are reading it incorrectly.

“Designed for users looking to connect their analog devices to a VoIP network at home or in the office”

It might have been better worded to say -
Designed for users looking to connect their analog devices such as a phone, fax or answering machine to a VoIP network.

What it is trying to tell you is that you can connect an analog DEVICE, not an analog LINE.

The difference is that an FXS provides a ring, FXO receives a ring.

If you have an analog LINE and want to connect that to a IP-PBX, then you need an FXO device so that it will receive the ring from the PSTN and then convert to SIP and send an INVITE to the IP-PBX.

You need a GXW 4104 or 4108, the last number indicates the number of PSTN lines it will accommodate.

In the attached, substitute Allworx for IPPBX/