Anyone else getting 1.0.11.10 firmware updates without scheduling them?

I already have a support thread going but I thought I’d reach out here to see if I’m the only one.

I upgraded our entire infrastructure of 2130/2135/2160/2170 to 1.0.11.6 earlier this year and haven’t touched it since. On Thursday a client notified their phones had all gone offline during business hours to do an update. Checking the portal and sure enough I had a handful of devices now reporting 1.0.11.10.

We didn’t schedule these or request any updates, I can’t find any reference in the templates or settings that would allow it, but over the weekend more and more phones are self-updating.

We don’t use any other provisioning tools, it’s 100% GDMS and the PBX is straight command line FreeSWITCH (no FusionPBX or anything like that).

It’s not limited to one client, one org, one site, anything like that. Doing a factory reset does not trigger it. As far as I’m concerned it’s totally random until I can prove a trigger.

All phones were factory reset to get them into GDMS (and several times since) so I can’t see it being any left over configuration.

Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? Any insight as to what could be happening here?

Cheers!

In the firmware server settings, how is it set and how is the setting to check for firmware updates set?

Can you be more specific? Are you talking about a setting inside GDMS or on the phone itself? If you can give me a path to follow I will look it up. Thanks!

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! We checked the upgrading logs of your devices. All devices were upgraded through tasks. All devices were upgraded before June. Please check the tasks list in your GDMS account. Please send the MAC address of the device which does not have the upgrading task.

If your devices were factory reset before associating to GDMS platform, and there is no other provisioning servers involved, the your devices should not be upgraded automatically. Did you open DHCP option to trigger the upgrading tasks? Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!

Repeating myself like a broken record, all the scheduled tasks in my account were to upgrade the firmwares to 1.0.11.6. The upgrades to 1.10.11.10 were not scheduled and all occurred since Thursday. There’s no trace of this in the tasks. 1.10.11.10 wasn’t available for upgrading until June 2. How would I have applied these firmwares in before they were even available?

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! We just figured out this issue and this issue was caused by our operations. When we updated the official firmware in GDMS platform, we did not update the upgrade URL in GDMS platform so that your devices were upgraded to the latest firmware version automatically. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We have corrected this in GDMS platform and the auto-upgrade issue will not happen any more. Thanks for your testing and help!

Thank you!

Thank you!! I apologize if I was short with my replies in the feedback and I am very happy this has been resolved. I was beginning to think I had lost my mind and had overlooked something.

I see that this fix also caused the notifications to go out for the new firmwares as I have two new notifications about them in my system, one for 2135 and one for 2170.

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback! Since you already subscribed the firmware update notification from GDMS platform, and our GDMS platform developer uploaded the official firmware in GDMS platform, so you received the notifications of the new firmware today. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks for your testing!

Thank you!