Access Control

The GDMS interface allows for the creation of multiple accounts within the master GDMS account (not sure how to refer to the main entity). Unfortunately the only account you can create is an admin level account and there seems no way to limit it to one or more sites.

I was thinking that I would use a single account to manage all my clients and then give each client access to their own stuff under an account with limited permissions related to that site.

Is this in the plans or is it expected that each client would have their own site or is the expectation that each client would have their own entity and us support folks would have to log into multiple entities with multiple accounts?

I guess they are just not there yet. They must know that an ACL is needed and granular control over permissions given to users also.

It’s still a beta, so they still have a lot of work to do but I don’t expect this to be official before July.

Dear users,

Thank you for using GDMS platform!

Currently, this feature is not supported yet in GDMS platform. We will consider to add this in the future release.

Thank you!

@GSSupport74, this is a key feature to implement before going live IMHO. Otherwise, how will we, your installed base, be able to set things up correctly.

I for one do not have one email per client site nor do I want to have to go to multiple GDMS accounts to manage my business.

Dear drostoker,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Your using experience is very important to us. I will send your feedback to our GDMS developers and share your user experience with our GDMS developers, we will consider to implement this feature in the future release.

Thank you!