2 Analog Lines, when 1st is busy, frwd'd to line 2, system IVR doesn't pick up

We have two incoming analog lines ‘bound’ into 1 analog trunk into the UCM system.
When calling either of the numbers directly from outside the IVR picks up correctly.
Thru our provider (optimum online), I have forwarded line 1 to line 2 when line 1 is busy.
When calling a busy line 1, it does seem to ‘knock’ over to line 2 correctly, but, the IVR system never picks up.
It rings 4 times or so and then just goes dead.
Is there something I can do? Maybe make two individual analog trunk lines in? just a shot… ??
Any help would be appreciated.

I advise you to create 2 trunks, one for each analog line, the path commits trunk1 on exit and then trunk 2 on failover, on input put the same destination.
First make sure with an analog phone that both PSTN lines work properly in / out

I understand creating the 2 individual trunks.
How do I:
“path commits trunk1 on exit and then trunk 2 on failover, on input put the same destination”
this is not clear to me…

create an outbound path and associate only trunk1
in the same path at the bottom there is the item “failover” -> choose them trunk2

I have created 2 analog trunks, 1 on FXO1, the other on FXO2.
I also modified the 2 outgoing paths (1 local, 1 long distance) to be trunk1 with failover to trunk2
When calling the first line the IVR picks up.
Calling the second line it does not.

invert the line plugs directly on the FXO inputs and do the same test

I am not physically there at the moment, will do when I can. I’ll actually run down to the office now and do that.
Will it be possible when all is done, that clients can call either one of the lines we have and get the IVR, and also if someone calls a busy line 1, it will go to line 2 to the IVR?
I’ll be back in 10 minutes. - thank you for your help

this depends on your analog line manager, not UCM,
a curiosity, but are you an installer or not?

not an installer, end user, small company.

• I went and switched the lines and the behavior followed. at that point then line 1 did not go to the IVR and line 2 did.
    I put the lines back as they were and made sure line 1 from the provider is going to line 1 of the UCM.
    So now line 1 goes to the IVR and line 2 does not.

FYI - I have 1 inbound route at this point.

Edit: uh duh, I just noticed, that if I make a new inbound I can assign trunk 1 or 2, I’ll be making 2 inbound trunks at this point.

so you have a problem on the lines, UCM works correctly

you have created 2 trunks, obviously you have to create 2 incoming routes _)

the software does not display pertinent information.
Once you create a trunk with line 1 or 2 it does not tell you which line is assigned to that trunk.
So when I looked at the inbound before, I thought the one un notated trunk was all I needed…
Ok, learning, with your help, thank you.
Can you give a simple explanation of what the failover does on the outbound route?

if line 1 is “busy” and someone uses the outgoing route at the same time, he commits line 2 and so on.

since you can’t offer me a coffee, the likes would be welcome :slight_smile:

@damiano70 I would be grateful to buy you a coffee my friend… !!!
Is there something other than the ‘heart’ like that I can do?

So now, where we are.
Sort of where we were before but a little better.
Calling either of the lines directly goes right to IVR like it should.
If I call a ‘busy’ line 1, it rings 4 times and the system voice comes on and says.
“I’m sorry, I didn’t get that, please try again.”
And then it goes to the IVR.
And this is with no interaction from the provider software.
Can we get it to roll over to line 2 like it seems it is doing now, but not ring 4 times before the operator asking us to try again?

now I show you the links with the manual and calmly take a look at it, open another post since it is another topic, otherwise you will only create confusion in the reader

which UCM and which FW version do you have?

The ucm version is UCM6204 V1.5B

http://www.grandstream.com/support/resources/?title=UCM6200%20series

you can have fun looking for anything you want.

p.s .: that is the HW version and not the FW version

understood, didn’t know where to look for the firmware version, documents I found expressing where it was are out of date.
Thank you for the 100 manuals. Not sure I’ll be getting to them…
A few pointed questions with direct answers have been very helpful, thank you.