Author Topic: CANNOT DIAL NUMBER FROM PHONE'S HISTORY  (Read 64 times)

prayuth01

• View Profile
CANNOT DIAL NUMBER FROM PHONE'S HISTORY
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:41:35 AM »
I have UCM6200 and a few Grandsream phones GXP2130 and similar. ufabet [/size] when I need to call back someone from phone's history I see my account number (that I have with my provider) instead of the received caller ID stored in the phone.  When I hit "Dial" it tries to dial that account number, and not the phone number.  What did I do wrong?

llbarker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CANNOT DIAL NUMBER FROM PHONE'S HISTORY
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »
You are not doing anything wrong. This feature does not work on outbound calls.

lstutesman

• Beta Club Members
  • n2v Solutions LLC
    • View Profile
    • Network to Voice Communications
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »
You are not doing anything wrong. This feature does not work on outbound calls.

That is not entirely accurate.

If you are seeing the account number then that is what the provider is sending.  I know there is a setting that you can alter that will tell the system to check in another spot for caller ID but I'm not sure where it is as I have never had to use it.  I would open a ticket for that.  helpdesk.grandstream.com

@llbarker or anyone else that is seeing the right caller ID but the calls won't dial out I'd recommend the phone setting:  (with Pcode if needed)

Bypass Dial Plan Through Call History and Directories. 0 - No, 1 - Yes
P6758 = 1
Grandstream Certified Reseller

Lucas Stutesman
902 East 2nd Street
Suite 241
Winona MN 55987
www.n2vs.com

Many tutorials at:
http://www.n2vs.com/video-support/

lucas.stutesman@n2vsolutions.com
Phone or fax 507-205-4025
ext 203

Feel free to call for remote installations or assistance!

llbarker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:33:30 AM »
LSTUTESMAN,
I did open ticket with Grandstream, below is what  I got back. Have not set up phones using Pcode will look into that. Have not found any way to make this work yet when using UCM.

Larry,
as you can see from the JPEG's I uploaded from my testing on my 3240 it yielded the same results just with the difference that my trunk is not pushing out the company name.

the firmware I was on was 1.0.3.180

these are the characteristics of the phone

Made by: Gonzalo Ramirez on October 26, 2017 19:25
This may be the characteristics currently of how the phones are working but it is not how phones should work. It does not work like that on any other phone I have ever worked on. This is a bug. It does not work like that on the Grandstream Wave App, it does not work like that on different softphone apps I use, all connected to the same UCM. Try and explain this to a end user: This is the way it works, you will not be able to see the number you dialed and your last number redial feature will only work on inbound calls not outbound calls. Please have someone who can address this as a bug and not "characteristics of the phone" contact me on this issue.

Made by: Larry Barker on October 27, 2017 12:23
Larry,

Unfortunately this is not a bug and your concerns have been expressed as well.

thank you for contacting grandstream support

best regards

Made by: Gonzalo Ramirez on October 27, 2017 17:38