Author Topic: Users can't buzz people in unless they ring  (Read 158 times)

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
Users can't buzz people in unless they ring
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Our GDS is working fine and unlocks the door from phones ONLY if visitors ring the bell and the users press code#. 

However, many times visitors don't know to press the bell and need to be buzzed in.  How can users directly access the GDS or dial into it to let visitors in?  The GDS is setup as an SIP extension. 

thank you

Safecomfort

• View Profile
Re: Users can't buzz people in unless they ring
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:38:14 AM »
Just dial the sip extension or number and the intercom will pickup-connect.
Then you can open the door.

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »
currently when I dial the extension from another phone, it gives a busy signal.  The intercom does not pick up.

costwisewpg

• View Profile
    • CostWise Business Consulting
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 11:18:49 PM »
Sounds like you need to turn on auto answer.  I haven't tried this with a GDS but I can take a look at mine later if you can't figure it out.

Good luck,
James Bloomfield

Grandstream Certified Installer
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
james@costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
(204) 615-2045 Ext 101
(204) 202-1255 Direct

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 07:00:48 AM »
No option to enable auto answer.  Only to disable it.  It not checked.

costwisewpg

• View Profile
    • CostWise Business Consulting
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 09:26:25 PM »
I'm not at the office, so I can't double check.  But I believe auto answer is  two part.

1. The device you're calling must have auto answer enabled.
2. In the UCM (I'm not sure how to do this without a UCM) go to Extensions -> Extension you wish to edit -> Features -> scroll down to "
Custom Call-info for Auto Answer" and check it.  Without the check mark, the extension will not send the info for the GDS to auto answer.  This allows you to control who could call and extension and activate auto answer.  If you don't have a UCM, there is probably a Pcode or method through the phone to achieve the same result.

If you have a device with auto answer, you don't want just anyone in the office to be able to call that device.  Or, at least you want the option of controlling who can call.  For example, if you have a paging speaker, you might not want just anyone to have access to call the paging speaker and make an announcement.  So, you turn on
"Custom Call-info for Auto Answer" for the few people who do need access.

I hope that helps!
James Bloomfield

Grandstream Certified Installer
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
james@costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
(204) 615-2045 Ext 101
(204) 202-1255 Direct

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 08:17:08 AM »
Thank you for the reply.
on the GDS i have made sure that disable auto answer is NOT checked
and on the UCM, I have tested it both with and without Custom Info for Auto Answer checked. 

Same result.  Busy signal.  When user dials that extension, its a busy signal.

masood

Marcin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »
Check whitelist on SIP (GDS), add both PBX and phones.
Life is waste of time

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 01:31:32 PM »
Whitelist are all current and include the pbx, phone and extensions.

Marcin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 11:40:32 PM »
Maybe factory unit and set again ?
Mine work without any problems and really basic settings.
Life is waste of time

alam555

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
made some progress.  I disabled the whitelist and now users can dial in to GDS.  Perhaps my whitelist is setup incorrectly.  I have the extensions, the UCM IP, and the main phone included. 

I still cannot buzz people in though even though I can when they call. 

So now the phones can call the GDS.  It auto Answers.  users can listen to the intercom.  However, when they enter the remote pin#, door does not open.  This is the same pin that does open the door when visitors call.  DTMF is enabled with RFC2833 and SIP info checked in SIP settings.  White list is not enabled. 

What could be causing the pin to not activate?
thank you
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:23:35 PM by alam555 »

w00t

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
@Alam55:   Two questions:   1) Do you have UCM invovled? 2) What IP phone used?  GXV3275 video or GXP21XX color IP phone?

When you say "buzz people", I assume you are referring the visitors press the doorbell to call some IP phones, correct?  (As I don't see any application scene in other directly where phone call into the GDS to open door, why?  Please help me to understand by explaining more details).

I assume you are upgrade both GDS, Phones and UCM with latest firmwares.

1) With UCM:
* The DoorBell button can be programed to store several SIP extensions or one extension (hunting group). If configured with several extensions, say 111, 112, 113,  seperated by ",", then press the doorbll the phone will ring one after another with every phone in 15 seconds before moving to next phone. If configured with One Extension (hunting group), depending how this hunting group be configured in UCM (parallel hunting or serial hunting), the phones will either ring all at the same time (parallel hunting, whoever pick up first get the audio/video and can open door) or one by one like the previous case.
* If all phones are GXP21XX, then when in one by one ring mode, the phone will display the video frame by frame, user can either pick up the call and press PIN# to open the door, or if the IP phone already configured ONE BUTTON Open Door, then user will press the icon showed on phone's screen to open the door remotely.
* If early media enabled in phone side, user can press the button directly to open the door without talking to the person in the door. But this feature will not be available if you are using parallel hunting, because the broadcasting/multicasting signal does NOT including media (DTMF) which required to open door. (Serial hunting does not have such issue, this is physical nature)

2) Without UCM
* in this case, suggest user to use static IP (better with UPS power backup), just configure phone's IP address to the door bell field, then the door bell pressed the IP address will ring in serial (every IP with 15 seconds). With max. character allow 256, more than 10 IP can be inputted and this is more than enough for implementation scene where no Internet available (like remote self-storage places, gun range, warehouse).
* if early media enabled, the GXV3275 will see the image and if ONE BUTTON open door programmed, press the icon will open the door and clear the call. Of course you can pick up phone establish talking then press button to open door then hand up the call.
* GXP21XX color phone is using JPEG image sending, so it will have image no matter early media in On or Off.

Hope I explained clearly. This is for call direction from GDS (door) to Phone (Inside).  If you are talking about other direction, I am not quite understand the usage scene, please explain. Thanks for using Grandstream products.