Author Topic: IVR option to different locations  (Read 21 times)

rudym12

• View Profile
IVR option to different locations
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:48:36 AM »
Hi guys,

I have a location with two UCM, I want to setup an option on the IVR to transfer calls to a remote IVR.  I tried looking for an option but can't find or think of a workaround. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rudy

lpneblett

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • N2 Tech
    • Email
Re: IVR option to different locations
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 11:22:28 AM »
It can not be done directly. By this I mean that each system is unique and has the capability of hosting its own system extensions (IVR, ring groups, Qs. etc.). As a result each system knows nothing about the other's IVR or other system extensions.  As a result you cannot use the IVR pull down and then see the remote IVR extensions, but you might be able get to other IVR by dialing its direct extension.

Assuming for the minute that you have the UCMs peered to one another and the extension  numbers do not duplicate, then you might be able to have the IVR at the 1st site set to dial an external number that is set to the IVR extension number at the remote site. The external number might be something like 96500 where 9 is used as the used as the key to send the rule to the peer trunk to the remote UCM and 6500 is the desired IVR. This (9) should prevent the sending site as perceiving it as a local extension.  You may then be able to set an outbound
 so that the call gets routed to the outbound trunk then strips the  9 out before sending to the remote UCM. The remote UCM then needs an inbound rule to match what was sent which when seen, will point to the desired IVR extension,

lstutesman

• Beta Club Members
  • n2v Solutions LLC
    • View Profile
    • Network to Voice Communications
    • Email
Re: IVR option to different locations
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:08:13 PM »
You can also create a sip extension with a permanent call forward to the IVR(or whatever number) you want to go to.
Grandstream Certified Reseller

Lucas Stutesman
902 East 2nd Street
Suite 241
Winona MN 55987
www.n2vs.com

Many tutorials at:
http://www.n2vs.com/video-support/

lucas.stutesman@n2vsolutions.com
Phone or fax 507-205-4025
ext 203

Feel free to call for remote installations or assistance!