Author Topic: Unable to answer calls GXV3275  (Read 145 times)

FUSION

• View Profile
Unable to answer calls GXV3275
« on: July 14, 2017, 04:19:48 PM »
We have 2 x GXV 3275 with the same fault.  We are unable to answer with hand set pick up or display answer button.  Here is a video of the fault. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJFUd-VR2Y
This ticket has been open since 20 Jun 2017. Any help would be great.

costwisewpg

• View Profile
    • CostWise Business Consulting
    • Email
Re: Unable to answer calls GXV3275
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »
Hello Fusion,

Couple quick questions...

1. Have the phones been factory reset.  Probably not needed if they're both doing it.
2. Are they on the latest firmware.
3. Do you have a simple network or are there any network complexities we should know about?  It looks like the phone is either not sending the 200 OK to the UCM (I'm assuming Grandstream) or it's being blocked so the UCM does not know the call has been answered.
4. Have you tried connecting direct to a SIP provider by logging into the phone and configuring the account directly?
5. Can you attach a package capture from the phone and from the UCM (again, assuming you're using a Grandstream).  If the problem is the 200 OK we will see the phone send the 200 OK but, while looking at the trace from the UCM, we will not see the 200 OK arrive.  I'm picking on the 200 OK but the same deal applies to any other problem that might come up.  The best way to trouble shoot something odd like this is to capture packets from both the phone and the UMC.  Must be a capture of the same call on both devices.
6. What about placing a call?

Personally, I haven't run into this problem which makes it interesting.  I do need more info to start helping to straighten things out.

Have a great day,
James Bloomfield

Grandstream Certified Installer
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
james@costwisebusinessconsulting.ca
(204) 615-2045 Ext 101
(204) 202-1255 Direct

FUSION

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:52:13 PM »
1. Have the phones been factory reset.  Probably not needed if they're both doing it.
Yes both phones have been factory reset after the fault with no change
2. Are they on the latest firmware.
Yes the 2nd worked for a few days and then failed. It was set to up firmware on startup
3. Do you have a simple network or are there any network complexities we should know about?  It looks like the phone is either not sending the 200 OK to the UCM (I'm assuming Grandstream) or it's being blocked so the UCM does not know the call has been answered.
Very simple network. It is on wifi directly off the Modem/Accesspoint 
4. Have you tried connecting direct to a SIP provider by logging into the phone and configuring the account directly?
Yes It is connected directly to a SIP provider
5. Can you attach a package capture from the phone and from the UCM (again, assuming you're using a Grandstream).  If the problem is the 200 OK we will see the phone send the 200 OK but, while looking at the trace from the UCM, we will not see the 200 OK arrive.  I'm picking on the 200 OK but the same deal applies to any other problem that might come up.  The best way to trouble shoot something odd like this is to capture packets from both the phone and the UMC.  Must be a capture of the same call on both devices.
A bit more in depth than I have been
6. What about placing a call?
When placing a call it will act as if it is, you hear the dial tone and dialing followed by the ring but will not connect and disconnects on a time out 

Michael Bond

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:20:07 AM »
Did you ever find a solution to this? My GXV3275 is exhibiting the same problem.