Author Topic: Schedules  (Read 53 times)

kgupta

• View Profile
Schedules
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
We've been trying to set up one of the GDS3710 devices with GDS Manager.
Everything seems to be working, except the time schedules.
Unless we are mistaken, are the timeframes only for logging/reporting?
Is it not possible to restrict access (i.e. being able to open a door) to specific hours (either with GDS Manager or directly in the device)?

If so, that really limits the usefulness of these devices and GDS Manager in general...

w00t

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Schedules
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:01 AM »
Yes, that "timeframe" is for GDSManager and for access/control LOG usage.

The GDS3710 firmware does not support open door by configured time frame. You can open a ticket and raise this feature as feature enhancement.

But I am worried about the I/O interface got toasted because currently all the I/O interface for electronic locker or strike is operated by short pulse (relay operation). Holding the relay for hours not sure will damage
the striker circuit or not. May need more information, or special electric striker, from the market or customers to support this feature. Thanks.

kgupta

• View Profile
Re: Schedules
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:27:42 AM »
OK, I can understand not keeping it unlocked continuously, but I was actually speaking more along the lines of restricting users to being able to only access the door at specific times.
In others words, set a timeframe that the user is allowed to enter their code or use their RFID to trigger the door.
If outside that timeframe, deny access.