Author Topic: Background Registration Problem Start After CallKit Added to GS Wave 1.2.3  (Read 1065 times)

amin1356

• View Profile
Dear GS Wave Support Team,
After I updated My iPhone 5S iOS version to the latest version (10.3.1) I countered the following two problems:
    1. After passing some period of time, GS Wave SIP account get unregistered in the background.
    2. When I use GS Wave keypad there is no digit sounds!
Please check these two issues and find a solution for them.
Best Regards,
--------------------------------------
Edit1:
Regarding my second issue (keypad digit sounds) the problem solved in the new GS Wave version (1.2.5) released by GRANDSTREAM dev team on 2 May 2017.
-------------------------------------
Edit2:
According to the following link:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1938/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40017564
Background issue does not related to the iOS 10.X.X and if GS Wave, build with Xcode 7 (like GS Wave older version 1.2.2 ) then background issue will be solved even on iOS 10.X.X
All of the softphone apps which have added CallKit (like Bria, GS Wave, . . .) have to build their apps with new Xcode 8 which support CallKit but Xcode 8 doesn't support VOIP background.
I think VOIP background is more important than CallKit for most of the users, therefore I suggest GRANDSTREAM to release a new GS Wave version build with Xcode 7.
Please let me know how can I download and install GS Wave, build with Xcode 7 ?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:09:21 AM by amin1356 »

GSSupport423

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi

Regarding the first issue please follow up on the ticket that you have created on our helpdesk.
For digit sound issue please note that this has been reported to our dev team and they will include the fix in the upcoming releases.

Best regards

amin1356

• View Profile
Hi,

Regarding my first issue it seems it is iOS 10.3.1 new strategy or maybe bug that applications activity stopped in the background after iPhone locked.

Regarding my second issue (keypad digit sounds) the problem solved in the new GS Wave version (1.2.5) released by GRANDSTREAM dev team
 on 2 May 2017.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 10:58:18 PM by amin1356 »

AusyBelgium

• View Profile
We are having the same issue on our iPhones with the latest iOS-version and GS Wave version 1.2.5.
The app unregisters itself when running in the background. Is there any solution for this?

AusyBelgium

• View Profile
Dear,

We also created a ticket concerning this issue. The helpdesk confirmed that this is an issue with the iOS-version 10.3.1 (ticket # 20170508153944).
When will this be solved? Or is there a  workaround for this?

Kr

amin1356

• View Profile
Hi,
According to the Apple documents, iOS 10 VoIP background mode no longer supported for incoming calls and all softphone applications should use PushKit (Push Notification).
Hope Grandstream add Push Notification to Gs Wave as soon as possible.

amin1356

• View Profile
Hi,
According to the following link:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/qa/qa1938/_index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40017564

Background issue does not related to the iOS 10.X.X and if GS Wave, build with Xcode 7 (like GS Wave older version 1.2.2) then background issue will be solved even on iOS 10.X.X

All of the softphone apps which have added CallKit (like Bria, GS Wave, . . .) have to build their apps with new Xcode 8 which support CallKit but Xcode 8 doesn't support VOIP background.

I think VOIP background is more important than CallKit for most of the users, therefore I suggest GRANDSTREAM to release a new GS Wave version build with Xcode 7.

Please let me know how can I download and install GS Wave, build with Xcode 7 ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:32:56 PM by amin1356 »

amin1356

• View Profile
Dear,

We also created a ticket concerning this issue. The helpdesk confirmed that this is an issue with the iOS-version 10.3.1 (ticket # 20170508153944).
When will this be solved? Or is there a  workaround for this?

Kr

Hi,
Please read my last post or Edit2 in my first post.

AusyBelgium

• View Profile
Hi AMIN1356,

Thank you for the reply. This was very helpful. However, I doubt that GS will come with such a version soon...