Author Topic: Call to GDS3710 and open the door  (Read 1534 times)

Alcael

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
Call to GDS3710 and open the door
« on: February 18, 2017, 03:26:32 PM »
I donĀ“t know if it is a bug or intentionally this way, but if I call the GDS3710 I can not open the door even though I enter the opening code.
I have the equipment installed in an office, and when someone who does not have a video phone attends the "call" on many occasions they do not open the door and it is necessary for the visitor to press again the door bell (this if no one went to press the "exit button")

ksmsecurity

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Call to GDS3710 and open the door
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:01:19 PM »
I had the same Issue Can not open door if phone ext calls the door, only when door rings & answer the call

w00t

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:25:16 PM »
What firmware are you using? The latest 1.0.1.19?  Do you use SIP mode or Virtual Number?  The caller extension should be in the WHITE LIST to call GDS3710 (as callee) to open the door.

dmaestrej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 07:52:07 AM »
Hi guys

I am in 1.0.1.19. With incoming calls, if you don't use white list, the remote pin always open the door, but I remember that previous version was the opposite, a incoming call didn't never open the door.
Obviously if you use a white list, only incoming calls from white list will be answered and so they will be able open the door with remote pin.

Personally I think of white list and the feature of remote opening with incoming calls should be independent. A check box near remote pin with only outgoing calls is enough to do independent these features.

On the other side, I have watch that the last version of GXV3275 1.0.3.162 has added in Advanced Setting a section to define GDS Settings
http://www.grandstream.com/sites/default/files/Resources/Connecting_the_GDS3710_with_GXV32XX_Configuration_Guide.pdf

I have analyzed the SIP traces between GXV and GDS and the phone open the door with a SIP MESSAGE. As I detail bellow there is a first MESSAGE from GXV  that GDS answer with another MESSAGE of unauthorized.
Then GVX sends a new SIP MESSAGE with MD5 and GDS answer success.

MESSAGE sip:700@...   (GXV3275->GDS3700)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length:   141

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<request id="1645" type="gds_control">
  <action>open door</action>
    <action_attr/>
</request>

SIP/2.0 202 Accepted (GDS3700 -> GXV3275)

MESSAGE sip:740@... (GDS3700 -> GXV3275)
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 225

<response id="1645" type="gds_control"> <action>open door</action> <result>unauthorized</result> <algorithm>MD5</algorithm> <auth_challenge>3923182640703127</auth_challenge>
</response>

SIP/2.0 200 OK  (GXV3275->GDS3700)

MESSAGE sip:700@...  (GXV3275->GDS3700)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length:   218

<request id="1646" type="gds_control">
  <action>open door</action>
  <algorithm>MD5</algorithm>
  <auth_response>1749ba741b3d2aace7c0d534fd2e5824</auth_response>
</request>

SIP/2.0 202 Accepted (GDS3700 -> GXV3275)

MESSAGE sip:740@... (GDS3700 -> GXV3275)
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 143

<response id="1646" type="gds_control"> <action>open door</action> <result>success</result>
</response>

SIP/2.0 200 OK  (GXV3275->GDS3700)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:55:46 AM by dmaestrej »

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
Looks like the problem isn't solved yet. Sorry for digging that old thing up.
I'm on 1.0.2.22 and see the same issue that I cannot open the door when I have initiated a call TO the GDS.
It makes no difference, whether I'm on the whitelist and have it activated or have deactivated whitelist. The behaviour is always the same. I can initiate the call to the door, speak to the visitor, but the GDS appears not to listen to the code, when the call is inbound from its point-of-view.

I'd think this is rather important, since the door phone might have hung up meanwhile, since I sometimes must let visitors wait for a minute to finish a phone call or else or some extra bright chap might have pressed the bell button and hung up by himself. So I sound somehow idiotic when I speak to them again and ask them to press the door bell button again after I hung up for to open the door ;).

Best, Soeren

Marcin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 11:48:39 PM »
Try end with # after code
Life is waste of time

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 01:43:04 AM »
Hi Marcin,

yes, I use # at the end to avoid to wait for autocomplete.
As I said... all works fine, when the call is initiated by the door. I also enabled both ways to embed DTMF (just to make sure...) but there wasn't any change in the bahaviour.

Best, Soeren.

Marcin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 01:45:41 AM »
No, use # in DTMF code not when call.
Life is waste of time

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »
Not sure if I understand what you mean.
The web interface does not allow to enter # into the "Remote PIN to Open the Door" field.
An example:
The "Remote PIN to Open the Door" field contains 88.
- When I call the internal phone from the door, the connection opens, I can speak bi-directionally and when I press 88# on the internal phone a confirmation beep sounds on the GDS and  the door opens.
- When I call the door from the internal phone, the connection opens, I can speak bi-directionally and when I press 88# on the internal phone the confirmation beep is not happening and the door also does not open.

Marcin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 12:34:18 AM »
Ok, it should work.
Without log not much be done more. Run syslog in gds and add log from i call here.
Life is waste of time

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »
Here's a syslog file.
I switched to debug, so it might contain much more than necessary.
What I logged is:
- first call GDS as the caller => DTMF works
- second call GDS as the callee => DTMF doesn't work.

Before logging, but after reading other posts, I've switched on whitelists and entered the allowed system, here "**610". (Yes, the two asterisks at the beginning are correct, Fritzboxes name their defined internal devices like this.)
No change in the behaviour. I haven't entered a user in card management? Is this mandatory?

Best regards, Soeren

w00t

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
@Soeren:

For security reason, GDS as Callee will not allow open door unless the Caller is in the White List. This is for prevent SIP Scam to call to the GDS to open door if the DTMF PIN got compromised.

Assuming you have a SIP server (like UCM) involved in our setup (Peering IP has a bug for this when GDS as callee). If the enable white list is NOT enabled, then both GDS as Callee/Caller should allow the IP phone to enter DTMF Pin to open door. But if you check and enabled the white list, then ONLY those extensions inside the white list can be Caller to call GDS (as callee) to open door.

Also, please make sure the GDS, IP Phones, and SIP proxy the DTMF selection is synchronized. Say if IP phone is using RFC2833, then GDS and also SIP Proxy should use RFC2833 as DTMF setting. Otherwise all this will not work. Make sure the SIP proxy is handling the DTMF correctly not filtering them.

Hope this helps. Please update your result. Thank you for using Grandstream products.

w00t

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 02:06:05 PM »
From the SYSLOG, the DTMF seems to be disabled:
192.168.0.19   Nov 29 15:44:42      local1   debug   sip_client   main.c:sip_app_play_dtmf():526:[Resource temporarily unavailable] disable dtmf

Please check the settings in the all devices involved in this action. Good luck!

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 12:54:14 AM »
Hi,

"Enable DTMF Open Door" is enabled in "Door System Settings". In "SIP Advanced Settings" also both "RFC2833" and "SIP INFO" are enabled.
Is there anything that I might have missed?

Best, Soeren.

Soeren

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 01:15:12 AM »
All,

an update here: FW 1.0.2.25 fixed the issue... Release notes say sth. about "bypassing when schedules are disabled". This must be it as I am not using any schedules in my setup.

Many thanks for all of your support, guys!