Author Topic: Dial URL API Web Service Not Working on Some GXP2140's  (Read 2348 times)

villagemedia

• View Profile
Dial URL API Web Service Not Working on Some GXP2140's
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
We are trying to get the API call working for our customer. We've built a web app that includes a contact system and allows the user to click-to-dial. However, to rule out issues with our app, we are trying to make calls straight from the browser and they are not working on our customer's network. They do work on mine however.

We both have GXP2140's. My customer has firmware version 1.0.5.23 and I have 1.0.5.33 on my own phone. I don't think firmware is the issue as this worked on my phone before I updated to 1.0.5.33.

When we try to dial out on my customers network, we get the same error message you would if you failed to specify a phone number or if you specified a wrong password. It's a most unhelpful error message as follows:

Code: [Select]
{"response":"error", "body": ""}

I've tried changing my phones passwords, both admin and user passwords, to match exactly what my customer is using. My phone works with those same passwords so I'm sure the length of the password or characters contained in it are not the issue.

We are absolutely sure we are using the correct IP address, as we can log into the phone's web GUI using the same IP.

We are also sure we've formatted the URL correctly as the same URL works on my computer/network.

We are testing using both Chrome and Firefox, but so far no difference between the two.

The URL I'm using is (note that I'm showing the default password here and TellMe's phone number):
http://192.168.xx.xx/cgi-bin/api-make_call?phonenumber=8005558355&account=0&password=admin

Any ideas what could be wrong?

bhermsen

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • n2v Solutions
    • Email
Re: Dial URL API Web Service Not Working on Some GXP2140's
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 11:42:16 AM »
http://172.30.xx.xx/cgi-bin/api-make_call?phonenumber=8005558355&account=0&password=1234

I was able to get Firefox to dial using the string above. Looks the same as your. I am using a GXP2170. i got a busy signal, but tried another number and it worked. So your string is right.

{"response":"success", "body": ""}

Sorry don't see anything on the phone that would cause it to not work.
n2v Solutions
902 East 2nd Street
Suite 329
Winona MN 55987
www.n2vs.com
507-205-4025

CyFo

• Beta Club Members
  • CyFo Solutions
    • View Profile
    • CyFo Solutions
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:16:55 PM »
For testing sake, check the phone’s dialplan.
Certified Grandstream Reseller
www.cyfosol.com
Boston, MA

Craig Reilly

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »
this is suddenly happening to me on a 2170.
on 1.0.8.46
Craig Reilly, 3cx Advanced Certified
CTO
Scottsdale, AZ