Author Topic: Handset Ringtones  (Read 1699 times)

Megabyte

Handset Ringtones
« on: August 20, 2009, 06:54:05 AM »
How do I change my handset ringtones? I see an option in the handset configuration menu for default ringtone 1-3 but they all are the same. I have GXP280\'s and GXP2020\'s.

longhorn

• View Profile
    • Email
You may want to downlaod the
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 09:51:34 AM »

You may want to downlaod the firmware pack for the phones. You should be able to find ring1.bin , ring2.bin and ring3.bin in the firmware pack. The phone will load these files just like it loads the firmware.

Megabyte

Can you post a link to some
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:46 AM »

Can you post a link to some detailed instructions on exactly how I get the .bin files onto the phones? It looks like I\'m going to have to build a new server to provide tftp or something.

Sara.NG

(1) download a HTTP or TFTP
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:45:20 PM »

(1) download a HTTP or TFTP server firstly,(2) download the latest firmware version from grandstream website and upgrade them (3) after this, the ring.bin file will upgrade at the same time. 

Megabyte

Currently, all the phones
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:31:23 AM »

Currently, all the phones are pointed to the fm.grandstream.com/gs for firmware updates but im not getting the new ringtones. Is this address correct? My current firmware is: Program-- 1.1.6.46    Bootloader-- 1.1.6.6. Is there any way to force the phones to check for new firmware?