Author Topic: 1625s Constantly needing rebooting  (Read 121 times)

Halleyl

• View Profile
1625s Constantly needing rebooting
« on: January 26, 2017, 04:58:31 AM »
Hello,

We have around 40 1625 phones that have just been installed.

The problem I am getting, is that the phones appear to drop connection and require a reboot every 2 or 3 days.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Liam

OliverB

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1625s Constantly needing rebooting
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Are they connected to a UCM6xxx PBX, by using ZeroConfig?
What's the firmware-version of the phones / UCM?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:09:52 PM by OliverB »
Certified Grandstream Reseller | Berlin - Hamburg / Germany
Experience: Asterisk | snom | AVM | Alcatel | Siemens/Unify | Agfeo | Plantronics | Cisco | clavister | ruckus | Zyxel | TP-Link | Ubiquiti | Allnet | Lancom | QNAP | MS-Server | Debian | Fujitsu | HP | Lenovo| Samsung | Monacor | Seeburg

Halleyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 04:14:33 AM »
Hi,

Phones are not connected to any PBX
Through Cisco SG300 switch  then Draytek Router to Cloud VOIP provider.

Firmware is 1.0.4.46

Liam

OliverB

• Beta Club Members
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:56:54 AM »
I had the issue with 1 Phone (GXP1625) from 170 Phones, that it's not registered anymore after some days or weeks. 
But it stays powered on via PoE.
The 170 Phones are connected to a UCM6510.
I changed the LAN-cable 5 days ago and up to now it's OK.
Certified Grandstream Reseller | Berlin - Hamburg / Germany
Experience: Asterisk | snom | AVM | Alcatel | Siemens/Unify | Agfeo | Plantronics | Cisco | clavister | ruckus | Zyxel | TP-Link | Ubiquiti | Allnet | Lancom | QNAP | MS-Server | Debian | Fujitsu | HP | Lenovo| Samsung | Monacor | Seeburg

GS.Rick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 05:46:07 PM »
Hi there,

By drop connection do you mean the phone lose registration or lose network connectivity? On the phone's LCD right side there is an ethernet icon. If the border is lit then there is network connectivity and if border and inside is lit then it mean register and network connectivity is established. If the phone is behind NAT and losing registration periodically, we suggest to enable the following keep alive features on the web UI of the phone:

1. Account->Network settings->NAT traversal-> set to keep alive
2. Account->SIP settings->Basic settings->Enable OPTIONS keep alive-> set to Yes

Let us know if above settings help with your situation.

Thanks

davis.althalah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:47:07 AM »
hello

I am facing same issue. I am using 1625 with my ucm6510. it is constantly restarting when connected to pbx.

Thanks

GS.Rick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:16:08 AM »
Hello Davis,

Your issue is likely related to the zero config feature provisioning the phone with a P value that cannot be accepted. Please check the global policy and model policy for "Layer 3 QoS" and "DHCP vendor class ID." If configured Layer 3 QoS we suggest to disable it as it could be using the old P value. The DHCP vendor class ID is a require field but if left blank by default can cause this issue. If you issue persist, please create a separate thread to address it.

Thanks 

Nixwikkang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 03:26:41 AM »
My new 1625 keeps losing its IP address. Then its necessary to reboot it to go back to normal.

GS.Rick

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 10:10:14 AM »
Hi Nixwikkang,

You may want to create a new thread for your issue. We need more information on your network environment to see what could possibly cause the problem. Are other phones experiencing same issue? If you could get a packet capture for us using wireshark that would be great. To do that you need to first go the phone's web UI->network->advanced settings->PC port mode set to "Mirrored" and save and apply. Connect a PC to the PC port of the phone. Run wireshark and reboot the phone. Wait for about 30 mins before stopping the trace as .pcap and attaching it here for us.

Thanks