Author Topic: Grandstream GXP 2000 not working, no display and all lights are staying lit (on)  (Read 7484 times)

tom_hungston

Hi Experts,

I have Grandstream GXP 2000 4 line SIP phone, which was working great
till recently it stopped working and all I get now is all lights on the phone
are lit (lights are on) and no display on screen, no dialtone. switches aren\'t responsive as well.

Does this mean my phone is dead...? or does it need a new power adaptor...?

Or is there anything that I can do to make it work again....?

Your help is much appreciated guys.

Cheers

philco

• View Profile
    • Email
Try a new Power supply.P
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 11:43:24 PM »

Try a new Power supply.

P

j.mella

I also have the same exact
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 10:02:27 PM »

I also have the same exact problem.  Tom_hungsto...  did you try a new power supply?  did get a fix for your problem...

secobarbital

Yup I have the same problem
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »

Yup I have the same problem too. I hear a buzzing noise from the power adapter, so I suspect it is the power adapter that is broken too. How do we go about obtaining a new one? Is that covered under warranty?

tomsdad

Mine started doing the same
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 05:32:59 PM »

Mine started doing the same thing this morning after a power cut (electrican working on switchboard).

Power resumed and the GXP2000 just sits there all green lights on, screen backlit without display and the lan green and yellow activity leds just flashing.

Swapped the power supply for a known good one, same results.

Power supply from the GXP happily powers a BT100 and vice verca.

What now?

Is there a CPU reset button hidden somewhere or is it a paperweight?:-(

tomsdad

Grabbed a variable power
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:02 PM »

Grabbed a variable power suppply from my bits box, set it to 5v and plugged it in...

At 5v no change all lit up and just sat there, moved to 6v and again it just sat there - then I remembered a thread about booting it without the lan connected, picked it up to turn it round to remove the cable and it booted with the lan still connected!

Small win - lousy cheap switchmode power supplied!!!!

marinos

I have the same problem with
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 02:04:27 AM »

I have the same problem with a GXP2010. I always use PoE switches and tried with its own Power supply with Lan cables in or out and nothing. I beleive the problem is software but i was unable to find a guide that will allow a hard firmware upgrade.

continueflying

I ever have the problem
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »

I ever have the problem too and I wrote to grandstream technical support. They sent me an instruction to recover the phone. 

laeichhorn

So If you know how to fix do
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »

So If you know how to fix do you think you can let the rest of us in on it?

llewter

Did you get a fix for this.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »

Did you get a fix for this.

llewter

Can you post the fix for
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 12:06:46 PM »

Can you post the fix for this.

btillman99

This seems to be a common
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:25 AM »

This seems to be a common problem with the GPX-2000. I have two of them and the newest one just went south on me this morning. No display and all the lights are on. Can\'t get it to boot either so no access to see what configuration problem there might be. It came up fine once this morning. I unplugged it to move it to a new location and poof.

To be honest here, the techs at Grandstream seem to be lax in their diligence. As common as this problem seems to be (numerous posts in the fourm as well as many of my google and yahoo searches showed this sympton is widespread) there should be some kind  of fix posted. One of the posts herein says the techs sent a document explaining how to recover the phone. I really hate to think that I\'ve tossed $100 into the trash but from what I\'ve seen and heard, that\'s probably what has happened.

btillman99

Now the other GXP-2000 phone
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »

Now the other GXP-2000 phone I owned is doing the same thing. It will not boot and all the green lights come on. GS has a problem all right and they are not acknowledging it.

kchan

My phone not boot as same
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 06:15:24 PM »

My phone not boot as same case, but I use POE adapter to connect my device.

May be hareware problem, because I smelled something burning.

tae89061

I opened a trouble ticket
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »

I opened a trouble ticket on this exact issue, and received the following response within 4 hours:

PROBLEM:

When I apply power to the phones, all of the LED Lights turn on/stay on Green and the screen backlight turns on but the phones won\'t boot. I have had this same problem with several difference phones at different locations at different times, and I have seen it being brought up in your Grandstream forums several times, but never with a resolution that works. 

I have had this problem with both 2000 and 2020 models.

I have already tried replacing the power supplies with ones that work from existing phones.

I have already tried power cycling the phones after removing the ethernet LAN and WAN cables.

Please help me find a resolution to the problem. 

SOLUTION:

Hi Todd, 

Could you try using different branded 5V power adapters to see if the issue persists. If that still doesn\'t work, I would recommend the following steps to attempt recovery. This may not work either, and you may have to talk to your seller to request RMA of the phones.

If the phone can still have IP by DHCP, you can try to following steps to recover the phone.

1.Configure the router: LAN IP: 168.75.215.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, then, restart the router to make all changes work
2. Connect the PC and the phone to the same router/hub
3. Configure PC: IP: 168.75.215.188, Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0, Gateway: 168.75.215.1
4. Install and launch a local TFTP server i.e. Solarwinds. Put firmware files under TFTP server root
5. Restart the phone

If the phone can not have IP from DHCP, you can try to following steps.
1. Configure the router: LAN IP: 192.168.0.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, then, restart the router to make all changes work
2. Connect the PC and the phone to the same router/hub
3. Configure PC: IP: 168.75.215.188, Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.1
4. Install and launch a local TFTP server i.e. Solarwinds TFTP. Put the firmware files under TFTP server root
5. Restart the phone for several time if necessary to help phones get firmware they want.

Regards
Comment by : jwang on 2010-01-21 16:04:35

Hope this helps others.  I have not tried these solutions yet...seems like they think either the phone power adapter is bad (I have already tried replacing it) OR the phone hardware is hanging during boot-up because it is looking for firmware updates?