Author Topic: GXP 280 Phone and XML Config  (Read 976 times)

SBTech

• View Profile
    • Salmon Bay Technology
    • Email
GXP 280 Phone and XML Config
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:19:59 AM »
Started a thread under the wrong topic, so I will repost here.

http://forums.grandstream.com/forums/index.php?topic=12268.0

The Gist is I'm trying to get my GPX280's to pull down a simple XML config from my HTTP server.

this is the url of the XML, generated by PHP using mod_rewrite for pretty URL's

http://gs.sbtec.co/conf/cfg0000000000.xml

where my PHP outputs a Content-Length header the phones save the config, but then they don't work and they display a funny character on the LCD, when I hit the speaker phone button where I expect the Profile name to be. 

When I don't return a Content-Length in the php script, the phones download but don't proccess/save the config.
Erin
Salmon Bay Technology

SBTech

• View Profile
    • Salmon Bay Technology
    • Email
Re: GXP 280 Phone and XML Config
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:53:12 AM »
Ok, I was taking a config template file (text file with PXXX = VALUE), and looping thru with PHP and generate XML based on the default template that I downloaded from grandstream.com. I striped most of what I did not need for the GXP280, stuff specifically for other phones, but left some blank values.

When an XML file has lots of empty pairs <pxxx></pxxx> and the phone downloads it, and reboots it chokes.  It would start taking 3 minutes to boot and not register, also it would not re-download the xml file.  This misbehavior was from a fresh factory reset state.

If I added logic that dropped empty xml elements, the problem goes away.  So I have two conclusions that I don't have time to test.

1. The xml parser is broken and can't handle it.
2. on of the PXXX values specifically kills the GXP280

I would classify this as a bug. The phone should handle my well formed XML document and disregard settings it does not understand.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:49:31 AM by SBTech »
Erin
Salmon Bay Technology